We at Family Eye Care are happy to welcome you back to serve all your eye care needs.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we have implemented strict infection control procedures to protect both you, our valued patients, and ourselves. We ask for your co-operation, understanding and patience to ensure we stop the spread of the virus by adhering to the new protocols as we all adapt to this “New Normal”
The following changes to our clinical procedures as per Ministry of Health and the College of Optometrists are as follows:
- You will be asked Covid-19 screening questions SEVERAL TIMES, from the time you contact us to book appointments, on entering the clinic and in the examination rooms
- Entrance to the clinic will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY not just for examinations, but for choosing frames, frame adjustments and repairs, contact lens pick-ups (if you choose not to have them delivered free of charge to your home), dry eye treatment products etc.
- All patients will be asked to read and sign documentations/liability waivers and bring them to the clinic before entering (available on our website or can be emailed to you)
- The door to the clinic will be locked…you will need to use the intercom to buzz into the clinic to permit safe social distancing. You may be asked to wait outside or in your car until called into the clinic
- We ask that patients BE RESPECTFUL – BE ON TIME for their appointments to avoid being denied access due to too many people in the clinic at one time
- If you miss or do not cancel an appointment without 24 hours notice you will be billed
- Only one family member will be allowed in at a time unless you are with a child or a disabled person that needs assistance.
- ALL PATIENTS MUST BRING AND WEAR THEIR OWN MASKS THAT COVER THEIR MOUTHS AND NOSES AND WEAR THEM AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE CLINIC.
- All patients and staff will be subject to a non-contact temperature check on entering the clinic
- Mandatory hand sanitization is to be used by all patients and staff on entering the clinic
- Our doctors and staff have full PPE and follow strict handwashing and health/safety measures at all times. Our clinic, shared spaces, testing equipment, furnishings and frames are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient visit
- Plastic barriers have been installed at the reception area and on testing equipment
- We encourage the use of touchless payment methods (tap with debit/credit cards or by phone)
- Fundus photography will be mandatory when assessing the ocular health of all patients in an effort to reduce exposure/risk due to the extremely close proximity required to perform the test. The photos will insure the best possible health assessment of the retina. The cost will be included in the exam fee for non-OHIP patients and $20.00 for OHIP patients.
- To save you time waiting in lines, and shopping around for eyewear, we encourage you to have a look in our dispensary at the time of your eye appointment. We are offering multi-pair discounts on all our prescription lenses. We will continue to provide you with the highest quality, great warrantees and best pricing on our vast collection of designer and value frames. You can be assured that you will not be disappointed.
DRS. BIHUN, D’ORTENZIO, OZIMOK AND STAFF THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION AND CONTINUING TO ALLOW US TO SAFELY TEND TO ALL YOUR EYE CARE NEEDS. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!
We love new patients!
Family Eye Care is committed to providing each patient with an exceptional level of care and attention. We are proud to be Optometrist owned and operated for over 30 years. Our dedicated staff works together as a team to provide high-quality comprehensive care. Our compassionate and understanding doctors take pride in paying close attention to each patient’s needs. We provide comprehensive eye-care including: eye examinations, emergency eye-care, full optical dispensary, contact lens services, and on site optical lab.